Saturday, May 31, 2008

Cultural Decadence


"I have nothing to say & I'm saying it"

--- John Cage


For so many years I have held the conventional opinions when it came to art - the ones that were taught to me. Almost out of memorization, I would respond "the Picassos, the Dalis, Van Goghs, the Rembrandts, etc" if anyone questioned my taste for art. But it so happened that I have discovered (on three separate occasions, in three separate museums no doubt), that I am consistently attracted to one particular artists. I see the painting, check the painter, and yes, his name has appeared again and again. He is

Yves Tunguy, the french born american surrealist painter (1900-1955)

Here is the painting responsible for this realization:

The Satin Tuning Fork, 1940
(Metropolitan Museum, NYC)


Thats all...

No comments: