Thursday, May 22, 2008

Jet Lag induced Hallucinations

Yesterday i left the peace and comfort of my home and embarked on a 6 week journey to Europe, setting up my temporary-headquarters at my sister's residence in London with planned trips to Barcelona and Stockholm. 

I had pre-conceived plans to take a train into Victoria Station from Gatwick Airport and meet my sister at the Burger King there. To my great surprise, and i say this with extreme sarcasm, the delicate little flower that is my sister failed to present herself at the said meeting point. I had no directions to her place, no british currency, and was beginning to feel the effects of my arduous journey. Luckily, a small indian man asked to borrow my pen, and i quickly took the opportunity to barter for the 40 pence that was required to call my sister (true story). Once i got in touch with her, she gave me horrifyingly terrible directions, including taking a subway line that did not run thru the station i was in and changing lines at a stop that had no connections. Luckily, i am aware of my sister's perceptual dyslexia and ignored her directions. Miraculously enough, i found my own way -- and here i am, reaching my destination just before the psychedelic-like hallucinations crept in, and thus inaugurating my london trip with a naturally induced 'trip' of my own.

1 comment:

Flor said...

lo mas gracioso de todo esto es q ni siquiera me di cuenta del lio en q te meti hasta q llegue a angel station, se me ocurrio mirar el mapa, y vi q con mis indicaciones ni ibas a poder salir de victoria station. q sentido de orientacion, q horrorrrr!!!! beijos hermano